Hunt Regional Healthcare in Greenville TX is looking for a Full Time NICU RN. The NICU RN is responsible for patient care in all areas of the Women's Center.
JOB SPECIFIC CRITERIA for NICU
• Cares for infants transitioning to extra uterine life.
• Provides age and culturally appropriatecare to patient.
• Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
• Provides nutritional assessment & specialized feedings.
• Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
• Provides arterial & intravenous therapy.
• Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as incubators and ventilators.
• Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications.
• Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
• Monitors vital signs and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology, communicates patient’s condition to care team.
• Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations.
• Instructs and educates patient’s family.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Appropriate CPR Certification, Current STATE of TEXAS RN License
• Preferred Qualification: RNC, STABLE