Hunt Regional Healthcare is looking for a FULL TIME NICU RN in Greenville, TX. The NICU RN is responsible for patient care in all areas of the Women's Center.
JOB SPECIFIC CRITERIA for NICU
• Cares for infants transitioning to extra uterine life.
• Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
• Provides nutritional assessment & specialized feedings.
• Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
• Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as incubators and ventilators.
• Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications.
• Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
• Monitors vital signs and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology, communicates patient’s condition to care team.
• Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations.
• Instructs and educates patient’s family.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
• Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting. Completes required orientation as directed by facility.
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Appropriate CPR Certification, Active RN license
• Preferred Qualification: RNC, STABLE